INTERNATIONAL VISITING SCHOLAR TRAINING PROGRAM – Health Workers
Saskatoon, SK Canada
The purpose of the International Visiting Scholar Training Program (IVSTP) is to help build capacity in developing countries, to ultimately improve patient care. The IVSTP provides essential training opportunities for healthcare workers and Clinical Scientist involved in providing services and related healthcare professionals working in developing countries to receive advanced training in Canada for up to 1-2 months in order to develop capacity to handle complex challenges in their home institution, candidates would use this opportunity to develop supervised Lab projects; extension could be granted provided the candidate is progressing well in the training and sufficient supporting funds. Training is carried out in the laboratories of either or both the University Professors and under the supervision and mentor-ship of Cellmolecules Senior Consultants Scientist.
Upon completion of the training, participants return to their home institution to implement the skills and knowledge they have acquired that address the specific hematology need.
- The IVSTP the awardee would demonstrate availability of sufficient fund for the training and living expenses throughout the training period
- By implementing the training in their home institution, awardees will have the opportunity to increase diagnostic laboratory capacity for themselves and their colleagues, ultimately leading to improved patient care.
- By training with an CSC principal Scientists and Consultants and expert faculties, the awardee will participate in the rigorous scientific community and gain mentorship.
- All IVSTP applications must be submitted electronically through the online application submission.
- The VTP is intended to build capacity. Participants must implement the training at their home institution upon their return.
- Applications are reviewed by the International Expert Committee.
Host Institution and Mentor
- The host institution would be located anywhere in Canada. However the primary host is Cellmolecules Scientific -Biomedical Visiting Training Division.
Review, Selection, and Notification
All materials must be submitted no later than June 25 July 2015, midnight Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Applicants will be notified of the CSC decision within 3 weeks.
Step 1: submit an application cover letter, CV and state who funds your training in Canada. Brief statement of purpose and area of interest.
To Be Submitted for a complete application are
- International Visiting Scholars Training Program Application Cover letter
- Scanned copy of your certificates and other relevant documents
- Applicant Curriculum Vitae
- Administrative fee of US $359 by credit card, master card or Direct deposit or Western money transfer